An internship at The Underground Strength Gym will present you with the opportunity to experience hands-on, individualized coaching with as many as 75 athletes per day. Our interns move on to working within the company or get hired elsewhere due to our strong reputation in the Strength & Conditioning field.
Our athletes typically range from middle school to college at our Manasquan location along with some adults who are training for life. Our Scotch Plains location has a blend of adults as well, giving you the opportunity to work with athletes from age 10 to their early 60s.
Each intern will have the chance to coach middle school, high school and collegiate athletes, become more familiar with the intricacies of program design, career options as a Strength Coach as well as observing and assisting a variety of athletes under the supervision of our qualified staff of strength & conditioning coaches.
As a USG intern, you will have the opportunity to compliment your hands-on learning experience with access to The Underground Strength Coach Certification and countless other resources that will serve you for a lifetime as a Strength Coach.
Additionally, all interns will be granted free participation in any seminars hosted at The Underground Strength Gym during your time with us.
Expectations of all Applicants:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of training techniques
- Be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism
- Must be personable & comfortable interacting with clients, parents, etc.
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability & punctuality
- Present yourself in a manner that will reinforce your status as a role model for impressionable young athletes
Here’s what we expect of you during your time as an intern:
- Bring an awesome attitude, put forth your best effort and Live The Code 365:
– Work Ethic
Internship Schedule varies from Manasquan to Scotch Plains.
- Scotch Plains has morning and afternoon / early evening hours Monday – Friday. Saturday & Sunday we have 1 or 2 morning groups.
- Manasquan has 2 or 3 mornings in the Summer and afternoon / evening hours Monday – Friday. We have a 9 AM on Saturdays.
Internships at The Underground Strength Gym are scheduled according to traditional academic semesters and summer vacation. Interns are asked to work a minimum of 5 days per week throughout the duration of their program.
- Semester 1: Sept. 1 – Dec. 23 / Application Deadline: 5/1
- Semester 2: Jan. 3 – May 31 / Application Deadline: 8/1
- Summer: June 1 – Aug. 30 / Application Deadline: 2/1
If you are interested in any of these internship positions, please email us a cover letter, resume and a 3 minute YouTube Video (unlisted) telling us why you will be a great candidate for this position.
Please Send to: Zach@ZachEven-Esh.com