This Summer has proven to be very interesting.
This Summer I’ve heard the most “I feel light headed” comments than ever before.
As well as these comments:
– I woke up at 12 o’clock
– I didn’t really get to eat today, I just had a bowl of cereal
Many of our athletes, especially those in Football, are likely walking around slightly dehydrated.
Many show up to The Underground in Edison and Manasquan with 1 small water bottle.
Our athletes need to do the following:
– Drink a LOT more water. If you’re outdoors during the day you need to drink 1 gallon of water by 5 PM. The heat along with training and sun beating down on you requires more hydration.
– Have several pieces of fruit throughout the day: watermelon, oranges, peaches, blueberries and pineapple. You can pick these up at any supermarket and cut them up so you have a large bowl of fruit salad in the house.
– Eat small meals, frequently throughout the day. If you need quick calories and you’re in a rush or out and about with your friends, stop at the local 7-11 and get some trail mix and chocolate milk. You can also grab some Greek Yogurt and have 2 – 3 cups of Yogurt a day.
There are plenty of fast, quality options, no matter what.
– Make sure breakfast is STRONG. Eat eggs, toast with butter and some fruit. Add oatmeal if you’re still hungry.
You can always make a protein shake.
If you have protein powder, mix it up in a blender with water, a banana, a spoon of almond butter and a scoop of dried oats.
If you don’t have protein powder, make the old school strength shake:
– 12-16 oz organic whole milk
– spoon of organic honey
– 1 banana
– 1 spoon almond butter
– 1/2 cup dried oats
If you’re thin and need to gain weight, add a scoop of ice cream.
When you’re playing Football for 2 – 3 hours a day plus lifting, you NEED to fuel your body and mind.
Dedication to your nutrition is just part of Living the Code 365.
You need to train in season while your competition makes excuses for being too tired or too busy.
You must fire up the mind by reading great books, watching inspirational movies and so on.
You will succeed when…..
[youtube width=”640″ height=”360″]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS-we_iPrUs[/youtube]