LIFT STRONG Fundraiser Winter Challenge
LIFT STRONG WINTER CHALLENGE FUNDRAISER
ALL Proceeds Go To Leukemia & Lymphoma Foundation
Manasquan Football Coach, Billy Bertscha
When: Saturday, March 15th
Where: Underground Strength Gym
202 East Main St / Manasquan, NJ (Behind Sotheby’s)
Parking: CVS or Acme
Registration: 9:30 – 9:45 AM
Start: 10 AM
– High School Under 175 lbs / Over 175 lbs
– Open (High School Graduates & Beyond)
Donations: $20 at the Door (Higher Donations Accepted)
** Gift Raffles / Prizes Will Be Offered **
The Story Behind LIFT STRONG
The Underground Strength Gym came to life when I was mentored over 10 years ago by a world renown fitness coach who decided to help me out. Unknown to me, he was battling Stage IV Leukemia. He never said a word about it. We chatted, day after day, exchanging e mails, chatting on AOL Instant Messenger (who remembers that!!??) and sometimes by phone. He never asked for anything return, except that I “pay it forward” one day.
When I found out that my friend was battling stage IV cancer I broke down and cried. I cry just typing this. I’ve learned that my position of influence in this world is not something to be taken lightly, neither is my health or the health of those I love.
For the past 6 years, soon to be 7, I’ve held a fundraiser every summer called LIFT STRONG where 100 % of the proceeds go to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation. This our first winter challenge for LIFT STRONG and the first time the proceeds will be split for someone in this town who needs our support.
I also feel it’s important for people to take the time to reflect on their own health and how important it is. This is an opportunity for you to take a part of your day to do something special for others and to test yourself.
This is YOUR opportunity to Pay It Forward!
– Registration will be at the door.
– Please arrive on time. If you are under 18 you must bring a parent / guardian to sign your liability form.
– Donations will be split 50 / 50 between Leukemia Lymphoma and Medical Expenses for Manasquan Assistant Football Coach, Billy Bertscha, who was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma this past summer.
– Please bring cash or write checks out to cash. $20 Minimum Donation.
Thank you in advance for help. All spectators and competitors are welcome and donations will be accepted by ALL!
See you March 15th in Manasquan!
Live The Code,