Prepare for a FUN time! ALL of our fundraisers create an experience that encourages all to have fun and do their best for a great cause! It doesn’t matter how strong you are, what matters is we all come together to benefit those who need our support!
ALL are welcome, Participants need not be a current member of Underground Strength Gym to enter and participate.
In the past, we’ve had participants travel from all around NJ, NY, Ct, Del. and even Mass.!
The Underground Strength Gym has held a fundraiser EVERY year since opening in 2007.
The early fundraisers were all benefiting The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and Once the Manasquan Underground Strength Gym opened, we began holding fundraisers for Military Non Profit Foundations and this is our 2nd event benefiting The Navy SEAL Foundation!
The Fundraiser Will Have Four Divisions:
Middle School boys / girls
High School boys / girls
Adult male / female (High School Graduates)
Masters Adult (40 yrs old+) in male and female categories
Each division will consist of 4 events, and points will be awarded for each event.
Prizes for the Top 3 Place winners in each division with a male / female category.
A combo Parent / Child division takes the cumulative score of parent and child in their respective divisions.
The Four events for the High School & Adult Division Are:
50-100 lbs medicine ball shouldering for max reps in 30 seconds
Bench Press for Max Reps of a given weight
1 rep rising bar max out on the trap bar deadlift, and…..
a mystery event!
Middle School Competitors:
– max reps of a dumbbell clean and press in 30 seconds
– medicine ball shouldering for max reps in 30 seconds
This one goes out to our athletes and the parents at The Edison & Manasquan Underground Strength Gym.
This also goes out to all of you who follow what we do locally and around the world.
It’s an honor to share and inspire you through our training methods. It truly is……
As always, this one is passionate and from the heart.
It will inspire some, offend some and the many in between won’t give a s–t because they prefer to be “good enough” over the Relentless Pursuit of Excellence.
Those who have experienced our training “get it”.
We are Much More….
We are BEYOND the points on the score board, the championships you win and the trophies you earn.
Those “things” come and go, but to live a STRONG Life beyond your competitive years as a sports athlete is where the TRUE Beauty and Power lies.
The Videos below are from Navy SEALs.
After our recent success with The Navy SEAL Fundraiser held at The Manasquan Underground Strength Gym, I wanted to hit this message home on another level.
Most of our athletes understood the importance of showing up while others made excuses when they could have made it. I can’t accept that.
After 9-11 happened when I lives in Edison, NJ, it changed the way I view our freedom, our Military, our safety and ALL the simple things many continue to take for granted.
It’s easy to help an athlete get Stronger, Faster & Tougher. It really is.
The TOUGH part is finding athletes who WANT it along with Parents who SUPPORT it.
I do Hate sounding like a Preacher so listen to these Navy SEAL Life Tips from former Navy SEAL, David Rutherford. I wish they taught this stuff in the schools.
Athletes need to hear this:
11 Navy SEAL Life Tips for Manasquan Athletes / Edison Athletes:
1) Have a Positive Attitude & Develop Your Self Confidence.
– You will NEVER have the confidence unless you put in the Hard, Consistent Work. Training at The Underground helps you KNOW that you are training above & beyond your competition.
2) Every Single Day Respect Your Mind, Body, Soul & Heart
– This requires taking the road less traveled. Your friends will call you “crazy” because you’re not doing what they do. NEVER follow the common man’s path. Be an UN-common Man.
3) PT your brain, read books, explore what’s out there.
– Read the GREAT books we talk about at The Underground & recommend through our Member’s Only Newsletter. Read in the Morning before school and read again at night. Great Books change lives.
4) Be Motivated Every day.
– Motivation is ALL around you. Motivation is a daily choice, as is strength or weakness. Your Motivation will run deep through your veins when you set BIG goals and understand your WHY.
5) Set Goals Every Single of your Life
– Never aimlessly go about your day. Never show up to practice or to The Underground letting things happen to you randomly. MAKE it happen. Your GOALS will inspire you to live the Relentless Pursuit of Excellence.
6) Live a Righteous Life. You ALL understand the difference between right and wrong. LIVE with Integrity.
– Inspire others around you. Represent your family, your school. your team, your coaches and The Underground. It’s NOT all about you. Take the focus off yourself. TEAM Life is the way.
7) Find a Mentor & Mentor Others.
– If you’re young, look to those who have accomplished big things and learn from them. If you are older, help the younger crew out. I expect this at The Underground Strength Gym as well. Our college athletes must set the tone for our high school athletes. Our high school athletes must set the tone for our middle school athletes.
8) Have FUN & Laugh Every Single Day. LOVE all the work you’re putting into sports, life, school and ALL other Areas of Your Life.
– Hard Work IS Fun. It’s Awesome. Stop looking at the hard work & dedication as punishment. Hard Work & all that lies ahead of you is a Gift.
9) You HAVE to be committed to the Team You’re On. Commitment is the # 1 Mission towards Success.
– This isn’t easy for all of you. Unfortunately, some of you have Coaches who don’t care. In addition, you have teammates that don’t care. Yes, that sucks BUT the Reality is that YOU can step up and become a leader. A leader teachers others how to lead.
You can organize team training at The Underground Strength Gym, at the local park and more. Instead of blaming others, step up and lead while building more leaders.
10) Train HARD Every Day.
– “I’m too busy” is the biggest bunch of BS ever. If we tracked the time you spent on your iPhone every day we can easily use that time for productive actions that make you a Stronger Person, not just a Stronger Athlete.
11) Communicate effectively, Listen to others & Hear what people are saying.
– When we send e mails, READ them. Parents, forward these e mails to your son. Athletes, forward the e mails to Mom / Dad.
When we tell you how to eat, how to do extra work at home… Pay Attention and DO it.
Communicate with us. Injuries, set backs, challenges, tough times and good times. Keep us in the know. Being an effective communicator means we can count on you and we don’t need to guess.
These 11 Tips from Navy SEALs are not just to be applied some of the time….
Not just throughout high school….
These tips are to be applied to your LIFE. FOREVER.
Ray Jaz attacking his training at The Manasquan Underground Strength Gym.
Ray began training with us at the end of the 7th grade and weighed 92 lbs. Today he weighs 175 lbs.
Some interesting stuff happening as of late……
I ask MANY of our athletes what time they wake up and how they are eating.
I have sent MANY e mails, created Videos and our welcome packet outlines how to eat.
The MAJORITY of our athletes are NOT following through.
This also means we need MORE support OR enforcement from parents. STOP encouraging and Start Enforcing follow through. ALL in or not at all.
Lay down the law. Period.
I have created nutrition Videos, sent many e mails on nutrition and dedication….
What time do MOST kids tell me they wake up at?
11 am – 12 PM
I see athletes at 6 PM and they have eaten maybe 1 sandwich for lunch and some sort of wimpy snack for breakfast. That. Is. WEAK.
Yet these SAME athletes are going to Football practice and lifting with us!
WHY are they yawning and struggling through workouts?
WHY are they NOT building muscle and getting stronger?
It’s quite simple. They are NOT eating OR living to be STRONG.
They are doing what The “Common Man” does.
Waking up late, eating less than a 5 year old and NOT living like a Champion.
Every week and month I send e mails with instructions for our athletes. There are little details to follow through on that will truly shape their minds.
– Watch Rocky III & IV
– Read the book Lone Survivor
I have GIFTED MANY of our athletes the book, SPARTAN UP! A book about being TOUGH in LIFE, not just in the gym.
MANY of our athletes haven’t even cracked it open. Reading a GREAT book is a GIFT. You are missing out every time you decide to NOT take action.
MANY of our athletes have NEVER watched Rocky III & IV.
I’ve recommended these 2 movies easily 50 times by now.
These are movies that inspire, movies that show how to turn obstacles into opportunity, how to turn struggles into strength. Movies that show what Dedication and Hard Work look like!
Our athletes are CAPABLE OF SO MUCH MORE!
Here is a lesson from a friend and mentor of mine, Former SEAL, Mark Divine:
The book Lone Survivor is about men who fight for their lives and fight for this country.
It helps our athletes understand that waking up at 8 am is NOT so hard. It shows that training in Manasquan or Edison 2 or 3 times a week for 1 hour is NOT so hard, compared to men who train 16 – 18 hours a day!
Why are you waking up at 11 am or 12 noon?
Why would you rather have low energy and feel weak when you can feel like a run away freight train by following through on our nutrition guidelines?
At the end of the day the question this:
Are you giving your Life the best of your ability?
The truth is this: Many of you are NOT.
That makes me sad because ALL of you are capable of becoming champions, but MANY of you are choosing NOT to become Champions.
This is not about sports.
This is about LIFE.
Live The Code 365,
ONLY for The Dedicated.
Do NOT Sign Up For a Trial Workout Unless You are 100% DEDICATED.
Athletes and their parents who understand success know that you must attack your goals quickly.
NOW is always better than tomorrow.
Waiting until Monday, next week, after summer, the new year, when school is over, when the season ends, etc has NO urgency and in turn puts you in the world of average.
NO urgency to achieve BIG success leaves you in the same boat as 97% of all other athletes who are content with where they are right now.
Decide if you are content with being like everyone else or if you want to be the few who take their achievements in life to the next level. Once you decide, follow up with MASSIVE action!
Ray Jaz describes WHY he stays after for EXTRA Credit Workouts!
Strangely and oddly enough, MANY athletes, parents and even Coaches are perfectly happy when having a poor success record. I see year after year, Coaches with losing records NOT doing anything differently.
I see year after year, athlete’s who regularly lose in their chosen sport NOT care about doing something different to start WINNING.
I see parents perfectly content as well – they see their child losing time and again and brush it off with a poor excuse.
I get fired UP when I see teams losing over and over and No ONE is stepping up to make a change.
THAT is a BIG reason as to why I coach athletes – I WANT to see them success, BUT, my desire to see others succeed is often times MORE than what the Coaches, Parents & Athletes themselves want.
Obviously, if that is you, training at The Underground is NOT for you.
Highly motivated athletes and parents only – otherwise, you will think I am crazy.
Then again, most successful, highly motivated people are viewed as crazy by average people.